Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moving on


I’m about to finally move into a permanent place and the two things I’m excited about? Being able to open a new bank account and receive a library card.
In the last year and a half I have moved 7 times. I have reduced my belongings down to a couple suitcases. I need to expand and create an unnecessary necessity to purchase nic-nacs at the local thrift store. That is what my own room and the idea of staying a while means to me. Oh, and privacy.
I’ll have my own room in a townhouse of 6 girls, paying around $600/month. I am afraid of what is to become of the refrigerator. 
I think once I have my library card and bank account I will be super human. I will have access to free music and hardcopy literature once again. I’m thinking some David Sedaris is in order. I will laugh in my room.
With my bank account begins my slow transformation into a California resident.  Goodbye, Zions Bank. Ya done me well since my first job at Arby’s at age 15. Those were the days. Now I’m a Chase Bank girl, and I can’t look back. 
Speaking of looking back, remember when I was married? THAT was weird. 

No comments: